Qld Small Business Friendly Council Charter Signing
Last Thursday, the TBDC met at Smart Precinct NQ to formally establish Townsville’s Small Business Friendly Council. Here our General Manager – Verena Coombe proudly signed the Qld Small Business Friendly Council Charter, joining this initiative with: The Small Business Commissioner – Maree Adhead, Townsville City Council Mayor – Jenny Hill, Townsville Enterprise’s Claudia Brumme-Smith, Smart Precinct NQ Managing Director Matt Steine, Les Walker – Member for Mundingurra and other distinguished guests. All leaders signed the charter committing to ensuring the growth and prosperity of Townsville Small businesses and their impact on the local economy.
About Qld Small Business Friendly Councils:
The Small Business Friendly Councils (SBFC) initiative outlines the commitment between local councils, its partners and small businesses to support a prosperous and sustainable small business sector in communities across Queensland.
Our commitment to small business:
- We will communicate and engage with small businesses
- We will raise the profile and capability of small businesses
- We will support small business resilience and recovery
- We will simplify administration and regulation for small business (red tape reduction)
- We will develop and promote place-based programs for small businesses
- We will ensure fair procurement and prompt payment terms for small businesses
- We will promote and showcase small businesses
- We will measure and report on our performance.
- We agree to uphold the commitments set out in this Charter (stated above and detailed overleaf) and implement the SBFC initiative in our local government area in line with these commitments.